I caught a virus on my flash drive at work and it appears to have changed all my file names to short cuts. I believe I’ve cleaned the virus but how do i get my files back so that I can view them?
* If you did not format your flash drive, then check whether the files are not in hidden mode.
* Click on “Start” –>Run–>type cmd and click on OK.
* Check your external Drive letter in My Computer
* Here I assume your external drive as G:
* Enter this command.
* attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:*.*
* Delete the unnecessary shortcuts.
Note: Replace the letter g with your flash drive letter.
Still problem? Write down in comments section.
Edit: Usually this happens when your system is affected by TOEUW.EXE malware/virus . Here is How to Remove TOEUW.EXE malware/virus
Don’t miss to read the comments section, there are some other methods mentioned.