What is the point in holding a laptop along with you to someplace in case the battery will only last for 15 minutes and you will find yourself plugging it in any way? There is an ever-increasing require for batteries to last for a longer time with the whole world moving to the mobile technology.
A growing number of laptops are being introduced with high ability batteries as an add on solution but the battery you receive with the laptop may only last a few hours at most effective. Additionally to this, after a while your battery life will depreciate as you charge and discharge it.
However there are a number of best practices that you should take into account that will preserve your laptop battery healthful for a longer time, here are 10 of the key best practices:
1. Completely charge brand new batteries prior to use.
2. When your battery gets to around 100% charged, unplug it from the electrical power and connect it in again when it is low. Because a laptop battery’s health deteriorates the more you charge and discharge it, operating it from a power source will make your battery continue to be in a state of charge/recharge.
3. Heat will significantly impact on battery life for both batteries in your laptop and the extra batteries you have stored. Maintain extra batteries in a cool location and try out to make certain that your laptop has a lot of air flow therefore the battery should not get too warm. Maintaining the laptop cool will also minimize the need for your fan to work which also utilizes more battery energy.
4. When you are making use of your laptop as a desktop replacement, remove the battery and simply running the laptop straight from the power supply.
5. Keep spare batteries with appr. 40% charge, batteries even when kept will discharge after a while.
6. Including additional RAM to your laptop will basically reduce battery intake as RAM will be utilised rather than your hard drive to operate the resource intensive operations. Your hard drive is a mechanical device and is a substantial power hog.
7. Make your hard drive as effective as possible by defragging it frequently. The quicker your hard drive do the job, less requirement you are going to put on your battery.
8. Make an effort to reduce the usage of CD/DVD drive. Similar to your hard drive, your optical drives are also a mechanical unit that will utilize lots of power when in use.
9. Clean your battery’s metal contacts every few months with a cloth moistened with rubbing alcohol. This maintains the transfer of power from your battery much more effective.
10. Using ReviverSoft’s Battery Optimizer to take care of your laptop’s devices that can be powered down to take full advantage of battery life.
Some of the best practices for maintaining battery life are difficult to stick to for many but just being aware of them is beneficial for you to ensure that you can follow them when feasible.
Let us know any of your queries by putting a comment down below!